1. Which of the following is true regarding Special Education teachers?
a. Licensure is required by only some of the U.S. states
b. All U.S. states require a master’s degree for licensure
c. All U.S. states require special education training for a license
d. Not all states require education training for licensure
2. What are current expectations about the job market for special education teachers?
a. They are not optimistic because there is a surplus of new teachers
b. They are positive because there is a current shortage of teachers
c. They are negative because special education enrollments are declining
d. They are stable but flat, as there are no imbalances or changes
3. An Individualized Education Program (IEP) is required for which of the following?
a. All students in public elementary and secondary schools
b. Only students getting special education for learning disabilities
c. All students receiving special education for any reason
d. Only designated special education students, varying by school
4. In determining special educational services for a student with multiple disabilities, which is the LEAST appropriate source of information on the student’s current social skills?
a. The medical physician involved
b. The clinical psychologist involved
c. The school psychologist involved
d. The school social worker involved
5. In public school systems, where do special education teachers typically work?
a. In their own special education classrooms
b. Within the general education classrooms
c. In resource rooms for pull-out programs
d. In any of these settings
6. Which of the following is the best example of a classroom accommodation for a student with special needs?
a. Allowing more time to complete an in-class test
b. Giving intensive individualized instruction
c. Assigning a student to work in a small group
d. Giving specific problem-solving exercises
7. Which refractive error is synonymous with nearsightedness?
8. Which refractive error is synonymous with farsightedness?
9. Which refractive error is LEAST likely in a school-aged child?
10. Which refractive error can cause blurred vision at any distance?