1. What time is expressed by the sentence Son las doce menos veinte?
2. What is the affirmative informal command form of hacer?
3. What is the name of the foreign language instructional method in which students learn grammatical rules and memorize progressively harder chunks of text?
- functional method
- direct method
- series method
- grammar translation method
4. Which month falls between marzo and enero?
5. What was the name of Don Quixote’s sidekick?
- Sancho Panza
- La Mancha
- Miguel de Cervantes
6. Translate the following: Hablaba a los chicos en espanol.
- He spoke to the Spanish children
- The children all spoke Spanish.
- None of the children will speak Spanish.
- He spoke to the children in Spanish.
7. Which of the following is NOT true of the indefinite article in Spanish?
- It is used with abstract nouns.
- It is left out of expressions including como.
- It comes before the noun.
- It is left out when the number cien is used.
8. Which kind of adverb entails adding –mente to the feminine singular form of the adjective?
- invariable adverbs
- adverbs of position
- adverbs of manner
- adverbs of consequence
9. Translate the following: No se, seran los dos.
- I don’t know, it’s probably around two.
- You know, the time is two in the morning.
- I don’t know more than two things.
- I know, it is two or so.
10. Which of the following is NOT an infinitive verb ending in Spanish?