July 28, 2015

PRAXIS II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge Exam (5087)

Teaching citizenship education in secondary schools is important, and by passing the Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge Exam, you will be one step closer to being certified to teach in around 40 US states and territories. The Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge Exam, 5087, consisted of 120 selected-response questions. The test is computer based, and all testers have two hours to complete the 120 questions.

The Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge Exam has three sections with about 27 questions each and then two sections with around 20 questions each. The first three sections cover United States history, world history, and governmental / civics/ political science. The last two sections go over geography and economics. Out of the 120 questions, no more than 60 percent are knowledge or recall questions. The other 40 percent are higher-order thinking questions. The test will include interpretation of written passage, maps, charts, graphics, cartoons, photographs, diagrams, and tables.

For the United States history section, prospective teachers should be well versed on North America prior to European colonization and should also understand how the European colonics were founded and developed. Testers will need to understand the origins of the American Revolution, as well as the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights. All of the political, economic, social, and cultural developments as well as the war origins and consequences will be covered.

For the world history section, the formation and interactions of ancient civilizations as well as the causes and consequences of revolutions and worldwide transformations will be covered. This section will also include questions on understanding political ideologies and societies. In the government / civics / political science section, basic political theory and concepts will be tested.

The geography section, around 20 questions total, tests the examinee’s ability to use sources of geographic data, interpret spatial patterns, and utilize map projections. The economics section of the Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge Exam looks at understanding of microeconomics and macroeconomics.

This is just a short list of what will be tested in each of the Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge Exam sections. The ideal way to prepare for each section is to look at the Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge Exam Practice Test and the Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge Exam Practice Questions. You will be more prepared for the Praxis II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge Exam by practicing with the Practice Test and Practice Questions, and with a passing score, you will be one step closer to teaching citizenship education around the United States.

PRAXIS II Citizenship Education: Content Knowledge Practice Questions